Get Free Consultation
Start A Medical Centre in Dubai, UAE with Adam Global
The Department of Economy and Tourism (DET), issues professional licenses, to start a medical centre in Dubai. Dubai has significant space for expansion in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors.
Dubai is the finest location in the UAE to start providing medical services and facilities because of its well-established network, which has sparked a tremendous expansion in the medical industry. Because of this, a lot of people are currently looking for advice on how to start a medical centre in Dubai.
You will discover how to establish a medical centre in Dubai in this article. Due to its open, practical investment rules, strong legislation, and a positive atmosphere that promotes growth, Dubai continues to be a pioneer in luring foreign investment.
DHA license is required to setup a medical clinic in Dubai
Facts About the DHA Professional License
- It’s the Gateway for medical professionals to practice in Dubai:
- You may employ medical professional with valid DHA eligibility letter under the medical centre.
- It is a license issued by the Dubai Health Authority (DHA) to healthcare professionals who wish to practice in Dubai.
- It is required for all healthcare professionals, including doctors, nurses, dentists, pharmacists, and allied health professionals.
- The application process for the DHA Professional License is rigorous and includes an assessment of the applicant’s qualifications, experience, and language proficiency.
- The license is valid for one year and must be renewed annually.
- The DHA Professional License is a requirement for employment in most healthcare facilities in Dubai.
1.Doctors: Tailored Licensing
Depending on their role and expertise, doctors need specific DHA licenses:
- Interns: Entry-level practitioners starting their journey.
- General Practitioners: The primary care providers.
- Specialists: Experts in specific medical fields.
- Consultants: Senior medical professionals with vast expertise.
- Resident Doctors: Medical graduates undergoing specialized training.
2.Dentists: Specific Licensing
Just like doctors, dentists in Dubai must also obtain their specialized licenses from DHA to practice.
3.Nurses: The Pillars of Healthcare
Nurses, the backbone of any medical institution, are required to secure their practicing license from DHA.
4.Alternative Medicine: No Exceptions
Practitioners of alternative medicine, be it Ayurveda, homeopathy, traditional Chinese medicine, Unani, or others, are also mandated to obtain their respective professional licenses from DHA to ensure standardized and safe practices.
Choosing the right path, to ensure compliance, and elevate your medical practice in Dubai with the appropriate DHA license must be followed.
Starting a healthcare venture in Dubai? You’ll need a medical degree. If you don’t have one, ensure your centre’s director does. This is your first step in the journey.
Got international medical degrees? Great! But in the UAE, there’s more to do. All medical staff, from doctors to nurses, need DHA professional license and eligibility letter. This could mean taking local tests. Plus, speaking English? It’s a must here.
There are space requirements to construct medical centres. The specifications for protection, lighting, and electrification regulations, as well as the dimensions of patient rooms, waiting areas, gender-specific restrooms, X-ray rooms, medical waste rooms, sterilization rooms, support rooms, finishing, service areas, and equipment, must all be strictly enforced by the authorities as per the requirements.
Starting a centre in Dubai? It’s more than just enthusiasm. With many approvals and certifications ahead, a strong financial backup is essential. Make sure you’re financially ready.
Starting a centre in Dubai? It’s like finding your way through a maze of approvals. If UAE’s detailed health rules are new to you, be prepared. Whether it’s general medicine or specialties like Ayurveda and Acupuncture, the DHA has a license for it. Knowing your way is key.
Requirements to Open a Medical Centre in Mainland Dubai
How to Open Medical Centre in Dubai
To open a medical centre in Dubai with ADAM GLOBAL:
- Consult with ADAM GLOBAL for a tailored business plan and market analysis.
- Choose a strategic location and secure necessary permits from the authorities depending on the location. For example – DHCC licensing authority approval for setting up medical centre in DHCC, DMCC licensing authority approval for setting up medical centre in JLT, DET approval for mainland setup.
- Obtain medical licenses and approvals with ADAM GLOBAL’s streamlined process. We guide you in every step of the process, including getting licenses, assuring compliance with local laws, and assisting with DHA approval for professional license with a fit-out review of the full interior before the main day, also we will help you in staffing and providing all end-to-end solutions.
- Set up operations, leveraging ADAM GLOBAL’s end-to-end establishment support.
- Launch with comprehensive guidance on regulatory compliance and best practices from ADAM GLOBAL.
Mainland Medical Clinic Setup
What is Medical Centre
Medical centres are pivotal institutions in the healthcare sector, offering a comprehensive range of medical services. These centres, which can be found in various forms such as hospitals, centres, or independent establishments, are designed to cater to the diverse health needs of the population. In the UAE, a region known for its advanced healthcare infrastructure, medical centres offer a plethora of specializations to address various health concerns.
Core Specializations in UAE Medical Centers:
The cornerstone of healthcare, general medicine focuses on diagnosing and treating a wide array of medical conditions, ensuring overall well-being.
This specialty is dedicated to the surgical intervention of diseases and injuries, encompassing a broad spectrum of procedures.
A critical branch that ensures pain management and anaesthesia administration during surgeries and certain medical procedures.
Dedicated to eye health, this field diagnoses and treats vision-related issues and diseases.
This branch is all about the musculoskeletal system, ensuring the health of bones, joints, and muscles.
A specialty that delves deep into heart health, addressing conditions of the heart and circulatory system.
Concentrating on kidney health, nephrology deals with diseases and conditions of the kidneys and urinary tract.
Focuses on disorders of the urinary tract and male reproductive system. Urologists in the UAE handle conditions from urinary infections to prostate issues.
In Demand Specializations in Medical Centres of Dubai, UAE
Overview: Dentistry in the UAE has seen a surge in demand due to increased awareness about oral health and the importance of regular dental check-ups.
- Orthodontics: Focuses on correcting teeth and jaws that are positioned improperly using braces, retainers, and other devices.
- Periodontics: Deals with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases affecting the gums and supporting structures of the teeth.
- Pediatric Dentistry: Specialized dental care for children and adolescents.
- Endodontics: Concerned with the study and treatment of the dental pulp, commonly involving root canal treatments.
- Prosthodontics: Focuses on designing, manufacturing, and fitting artificial replacements for teeth and mouth.
Overview: The UAE’s sunny climate and the population’s increasing interest in skin health and aesthetics have made dermatology a sought-after specialty.
- Cosmetic Dermatology: Focuses on enhancing appearance through treatments like Botox, fillers, and laser procedures.
- Aesthetic and Cosmetology Centres: These centres primarily focus on non-surgical treatments to enhance beauty and address skin concerns. Services can range from facials and chemical peels to more advanced treatments like microdermabrasion and non-invasive body contouring. The rise of these centres in the UAE underscores the region’s growing interest in aesthetic enhancements.
- Pediatric Dermatology: Addresses skin issues in children, including birthmarks and skin infections.
- Dermatopathology: Study of skin diseases at a microscopic level.
- Immunodermatology: Focuses on skin disorders caused by immune system abnormalities.
Obstetrics and Gynaecology:
Overview: This specialty is pivotal in the UAE, addressing the comprehensive health needs of women.
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine: Focuses on the management of high-risk pregnancies.
- Reproductive Endocrinology: Addresses issues related to infertility and the endocrine system.
- Gynecologic Oncology: Focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of women’s cancers, especially ovarian and cervical.
- Urogynecology: Deals with pelvic floor disorders in women.
- Each of these specialties and their sub-specializations play a vital role in the comprehensive healthcare landscape of the UAE, ensuring that residents have access to specialized care tailored to their unique needs.
Overview: With a significant young population, pediatric care is crucial in the UAE to address the unique health needs of children.
- Neonatology: Care for newborn infants, especially the ill or premature.
- Pediatric Cardiology: Focuses on heart conditions in children.
- Pediatric Endocrinology: Deals with disorders of the endocrine system in children, such as diabetes.
- Pediatric Oncology: Concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of cancer in children.
New Specialization in Demand
AAA Screening (Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Screening) Medical Centres in UAE:
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) screening pertains to the detection of an enlargement in the aorta, the primary blood vessel in the abdomen. If left undetected, an AAA can rupture, leading to life-threatening internal bleeding. In recent years, the UAE, particularly Dubai, has seen an uptick in medical centres offering this crucial screening service.
Rise in Demand:
Awareness: Health campaigns have increased awareness of preventive measures like AAA screening.
Expatriate Influence: Dubai’s diverse expat population, from regions with potential AAA prevalence, seek such screenings.
Healthcare Vision: Dubai aims to be a global medical hub, necessitating advanced screenings like AAA.
Novelty in Dubai: While AAA screening is globally recognized, its broad availability in Dubai is recent, driven by rapid healthcare advancements, medical tourism aspirations, and government initiatives.
In summary, Dubai’s commitment to top-tier healthcare and growing awareness has popularized AAA screening, making it an essential service in the city’s medical offerings.
Adam Global offers comprehensive assistance in all kinds of medical centre setups in Dubai, handling everything from licensing to end-to-end establishment processes. Their expertise ensures a seamless setup experience for healthcare providers.
Frequently Asked Question
All you need to know about Healthcare Business Setup in the UAE. Browse through this section to get a quick overview or Schedule a consultation with an expert business advisor
1.What's the first step to open a medical centre in Dubai?
Begin by obtaining a health care establishment license from the Dubai Health Authority (DHA). Initial approval from DET depending on the location of your business.
2.Is a trade license necessary for a medical centre?
Yes, you’ll need a trade license from the Department of Economy and Tourism (DET).
3.Where should my medical centre be located?
The centre should be situated in a commercial area zoned specifically for health care facilities.
4.Are there size requirements for the centre?
Yes, the centre should have a minimum floor area so that it can accommodate a waiting area, play area for kids, gender-specific restrooms, X-ray rooms, medical waste rooms, sterilization rooms, support rooms, finishing, service areas, and equipments.
5.What kind of staff is required for a medical centre?
You’ll need qualified medical professionals relevant to the services you plan to offer, including doctors, nurses, medical technicians and administrative staff.
6.How can Adam Global assist in my centre setup?
Adam Global can help you with every step of the process, including getting licenses, assuring compliance with local laws, and assisting with DHA approval with a fitout review of the full interior before the main day, also we will help you in staffing and providing all end-to-end solutions.
7.Do I need a fire safety license?
Yes, obtaining a fire safety license from the Dubai Civil Defence is crucial.
8.How long does the entire licensing process take?
The duration can vary, but with expert guidance from firms like Adam Global, the process can be expedited.
9.Are license renewals necessary?
Yes, periodic renewals are required for most licenses. The frequency depends on the specific license.
10.Can I offer specialized medical services in my centre?
Yes, but certain specialized services might require additional licenses or certifications.
11.Is there a language requirement for centre staff?
Proficiency in English is recommended for effective communication, though it might not be mandatory.
12.Are there specific equipment regulations for medical centres?
Yes, all medical equipment should adhere to standards set by the MOH.
13.Can I collaborate with international medical institutions or brands?
Yes, collaborations are possible, but they might be subject to additional regulations or agreements.
14.What happens if I don't adhere to DHA regulations?
Non-compliance can lead to penalties, license revocation, or even centre closure.
15.Are foreign nationals allowed to own a medical centre in Dubai?
Foreign nationals can open a medical centre in Dubai with all the appropriate licenses required and the permits.
16.Do I need insurance for my medical centre?
Yes, medical malpractice insurance and other relevant insurances are essential.
17.Can I expand my centre to offer more medical services later?
Expansion is possible, but you might need additional licenses or permits based on the new services. The space required should be available within the commercial unit that you choose.
18.How do I ensure continuous professional development for my staff?
The DHA often conducts training and workshops. Enrolling your staff in these can ensure they stay updated.
19.Are telemedicine services allowed in my centre?
Yes, but there are specific licenses and regulations for offering telemedicine services in Dubai.
Start your business journey with UAE’s # 1 Business Advisory since 2002